I have been tagged by wantoncreation! Thank-you! You must go see how he answered the questions – very amusing! In the usual tradition of the game, I must:
1. Post the rules (done)
2. Answer the questions the tagger listed for me (see below)
3. Create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag (Hmmm, that will take some thought)
4. Tag 11 people (already chosen)
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged (will do)
Here are the answers to the questions Matt posed to me:
1. What is your favourite recipe (as in, what food does it make – you don’t have to provide the ingredients and method (unless you really want to))?
I started to say lasagna because it’s Hubby’s favourite and I have perfected the recipe to his particular taste (he’s very fussy!) but the one recipe I love and follow faithfully is a sour cream banana loaf recipe. A neighbour gave it to me after I raved about her banana bread. (She got it from her sister, who got it from her local newspaper.) It really is divine and it makes two large loaves – one for me and one to share! (If anyone is interested in the actual recipe let me know in the comments section and I will post it another time.)
2. What is your favourite thing to spend money on?
Scrapbook supplies! No surprise there, I’m sure! 🙂
3. What time of day do you read/write the most?
I write best in the morning when I’m fresh. If I’m working on a particular story, I let it ferment in my brain overnight and as soon as I wake up (after fixing myself that first cup of coffee, of course!) I expunge it all. If I do too much else, the thoughts dissipate with the darkness.
4. Do you prefer summer or winter, and why?
Definitely summer! Have you ever experienced a Manitoba winter? Do you know how many layers of clothes one needs to wear to stay warm when it’s 30 degrees below zero for days or weeks on end? Summer, definitely summer!
5. What is your favourite holiday destination?
It used to be the family cottage, now sold. 😦 I think I want to explore new holiday destinations – when we can scrape the cash together.
6. What is the best book/film/album you’ve read/watched/heard this year so far?
That’s hard to answer, since we go to movies so rarely, I haven’t actually finished too many books yet this year and I don’t make a point of going out and listening to new music (I’m an old fogey and prefer ‘The Oldies’). I guess the best book I’ve read so far this year was ‘Tilly Greenway and the Secret of the Ancient Keys‘ by Essi Tolling. As for a movie, probably ‘The Avengers’, which is really about the only movie I’ve been to since January, but it was a great one. 🙂
7. If you could be anybody for just a day, who would it be and why?
One of the historical characters that I wrote about in Withershins and Spirit Quest and who will be featured in the next book in the series: Harriet Sinclair Cowan. She was the granddaughter of one of the first Scottish settlers in this area and although her story is included in the book Women of Red River, I would love to spend a day in her shoes to learn more about the time period I am currently writing about. It would be easier than doing all the research!
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I was a fan of both Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie because they could twitch their nose or blink and things (like the dreaded house work) would get done instantaneously – and they could get from one place to another in an instant, too, which would definitely make travel easier and less expensive!
9. What’s your favourite Olympic event (oooh topical)?
It’s a toss-up between Gymnastics and Swimming.
10. What were your best and worst subjects at school?
Easy, peasey! Best subject – Language Arts. Worst subject – Math! (or maybe sewing in Home Ec! 🙂 )
11. What’s one thing you want to learn before you die (e.g. a musical instrument, a language, how to perform brain surgery, e.t.c.)?
I started to learn how to play the piano as a kid – but it was a little difficult because we didn’t have an actual piano to practice on! If we ever get a piano, I’d like to learn how to play it. There are so many beautiful classical pieces that feature the piano that I wish I could play.
However, since it is unlikely we will ever be able to fit a piano into our house, I probably should learn how to speak French fluently. I did, after all, marry into a French family and would like to be able to hold an actual conversation in French with them! I have taken a few conversational French classes (back before my daughter was born!) but have forgotten so much of it because I haven’t been using it on a regular basis.
My 11 questions:
1. What color is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
2. What type of shows do you prefer to watch on TV (comedy, mystery, sports, reality…)?
3. If you could become any creature (real or imaginary), what would it be and why?
4. Do you have a regular time in which you do your blogging/writing (morning, evening…)?
5. If you could spend the day in someone else’s shoes whose would they be and why?
6. What is your favorite place to spend time and why do you like spending time there?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. What did you always want to be when you grew up and did you become what you wanted to be?
9. If you could travel to any time in our history or future, when would you like to go and why?
10. Would you classify your decorating style as modern, classic, futuristic, rustic, or eclectic?
11. If you could meet the person you most admire (living or dead), who would it be and what would you say to them?
Okay, on to tagging 11 others. Since I recently was nominated for several awards and passed those on to blogs I had been following pretty much since I started blogging, I will nominate some of the ones I have most recently started following. Those would be be:
Well, this has been fun. Hope you will go check out the blogs above and enjoy them as much as I do! 🙂