Welcome to my first real Crafty Wednesday post in quite some time. After finally getting my creative spaces rearranged and set up the way I want, I now have time to get down to the business of actually writing and creating.
You may recall that, back in April, I participated in a Creative Gathering – a two-day event where a whole crowd of avid scrapbook enthusiasts get together and craft. I finally got around to taking pictures of the cards I made there and processing them so I can now share them with you.
The first couple of cards were made for one of their challenges where they provide a sketch of how the page or card should look, but it’s up to the creator to decide what materials they will use. As you can see by the similarities, we were to use 9 squares with ribbon to separate them and an embellishment on the right-hand side. These cards are a great way to get rid of those small paper bits you might have leftover from another project. The base card was made from yellow card stock measuring 4-1/4″ x 9″, folded in half. Each small square measures 1-1/4″ square and was punched with Stampin’ Up‘s ‘Postage Stamp’ punch. One could easily just use a cutter to get the appropriate size square. For the center of the flower on the left, I used a green brad. On the right, I used a self-adhesive ‘gem’. Both flowers were stuck to the cards with Glue Dots.
These next two cards have similarities as well, although they look quite different. The sketch for this one required a contrasting rectangle with a ribbon of some kind down the middle. The sentiment needed to be nearly centered on the card with embellishments above and below it, along with a bow near the bottom.
I used a base card of 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ folded in half. The center rectangle measured 3-3/4″ x 4-3/4″. The Happy Birthdays were embossed using a Versa Mark sticky pad and black heat-activated embossing powder. I used two different stamps for it, one for the outer label and one for the words, which I cut from different paper and attached to the label with a glue runner. I used actual ribbon on the pink card for the central line, while I used Washi Tape (thin, self-adhesive ribbon) for the orange card. The bows were made with real ribbon and attached with Glue Dots.
I think that’s it, for today. I’ll share more with you next week. 🙂