Sorry the past couple of Wednesdays have been rather busy with various life stuff. Last week, I was expecting my sister-in-law to come over for some crafting and needed to clean up the house and make sure my craft room was in order so we could both work in it. It was great having the space to share it with her! Today, I was chasing all over the city to find a particular shower gift for my niece from her gift registry. I still couldn’t find what I wanted, so I hope she will like what I got, anyway. When I got home, I started working on her card. Then, there was dinner to make, dishes to wash, yadda, yadda, yadda…
Anyway, I thought I would start with this masculine card, 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, using brown card stock. I added a strip of multi-coloured paper measuring 5″ x 3″ and a 2″ strip of star-patterned paper that was 5″ in length. I added a 3″ square of brown paper stamped with a handwriting stamp. I cut out a 2-1/2″ orange circle using a punch and stamped small stars around the outer edge in red ink. The label was cut with the Cuttlebug and the ‘Fanciful Labels’ die cutter. Before removing it from the die-cutter, I sponged brown ink over the exposed embossing design to bring up the pattern and stamped ‘Hip hip HOORAY …’ using Close To My Heart’s Birthday Greetings set. I added a tiny star brad to the label. Then, I cut out strips of a circle patterned paper and a 5-1/2″ piece of brown & white striped ribbon. I taped the 3″ & 2″ patterned papers together with cellophane tape on the back. I attached the handwriting paper in the centre of that and wrapped the ribbon over the seam, attaching it with a strip of Sookwang. I also used Sookwang to attach the patterned papers to the base card. I added the circle with pop-up squares, then placed the label over the circle using a glue runner, as well as the circle strips in the upper left hand corner.
The second card is much more feminine. I started with cream-coloured card stock for the base, 5-1/2 x 8-1/2″ folded in half. I added a patterned piece of paper with calendar markings and cut it 1/2″ smaller than the card base. I cut 3 rectangles of different patterned paper measuring 3″ x 1-1/4″, placing them 1/2″ apart. To the yellow rectangle I added three plastic flowers, attaching them with small star brads. To the green rectangle I wrapped a piece of green embroidery thread, strung with 3 flower beads and attached it with Glue Dots. To the brown striped paper I added 3 brass brads. Over that, I added the corset, stamped with a stamp from Stampin’ Up‘s ‘Rue des Fleurs’ set, and a piece of sheet music, punched with a corner punch to get the ‘bites’ all around it.
I still have quite a few cards to finish by the August long weekend, which is when we will be having our family gathering. From June to September, we have 24 birthdays and 6 anniversaries, just on Hubby’s side of the family. That doesn’t include the shower card I need for Sunday and those friends and family on my side who are celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. So, if I don’t get a chance to do another Crafty Wednesday next week, I hope you’ll understand why I didn’t have time. 🙂